The more years you are married or dating the same person, the more you love them… but at the same time, the more boring things can get. That’s why it’s important to keep that spark alive by keeping your significant other on their toes.
The following men don’t need any advice when it comes to keeping their relationship from entering the boring zone – they’ve got it on lockdown. Take notes, perhaps your relationship could benefit from copycatting some of these brilliant ideas.
1. “My wife really likes it when I do house work so I sent her these pictures while she was at work hoping it would turn her on”
According to marital experts, two years is usually long enough to date someone before making the decision to marry them.
Yet, a survey conducted by Bridebook, a UK-based wedding website, found that the average UK couple dates for 4.9 years before saying “I do.”
2. Sends this pic to his wife on day 14 of her work trip
According to a 2015 Real Wedding Study conducted by theknot.com, the average engagement lasts 14.5 months.
3. Clearly, these two belong together
On average, the typical US marriage that ends in divorce lasts for seven years before quitting time.
4. This guy went to NYC on a business trip and wanted to show his wife he wasn’t having a good time without her. So, he took a series of selfies showcasing himself having a terrible time. Now that’s love.
It’s not always easy to keep that spark alive, but at least there are still more marriages taking place in the US than there are divorces.
In 2016, there were 6.9 marriages in the US for every 1,000 people and 3.2 divorces per every 1,000 people.
5. His wife hates being embarrassed, so he made sure to embarrass her at the airport
Some states have much higher divorce rates than others. For instance, Oklahoma has the highest divorce rate of any state, with over 65% of marriages ending in divorce.
Looking to stay married forever? You might want to consider moving to Hawaii – the state with the lowest divorce rate, at around twenty percent.
6. We can only wonder if these two are still married…
Divorce is more likely to impact certain groups than others. For instance, the average age of a couple going through their first divorce is 30 years old, while sixty percent of divorces involve a couple that is somewhere between 25 and 39 years old.
Asian women who are between 27 and 29 years old are the least likely to get divorced.
Heterosexual couples are two times as likely to get a divorce in comparison to same-sex couples.
7. “My wife is smokin’ hot so I picked the shower curtain”
Zelmyra and Herbert Fisher hold The Guinness World Record for the longest marriage. They were married on May 13, 1924, and by the year 2008 they’d been married for 84 years.
Sadly, they have both since passed away, but lessons of their long-lasting love can be still be learned from.
When asked about their fondest memory over the last eighty-five years, the couple said: “Our legacy: 5 children, 10 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-great grandchild.”
Although their children were their greatest pride, they took solace in the peace that came after the children all moved out of their home.
“The children are grown, so we talk more now. We can enjoy our time on the porch or our rocking chairs – together,” the couple shared in an interview.
8. Just wait till she wakes up…
9. Who needs clothes when you have beer?
10. He’s about to get hit with this frying pan… but at least she’ll come home early.
11. Boyfriend copies cat when girlfriend is in the bathroom
12. “My wife ran and won her age group in her first 5 K this weekend. Here are a couple pictures from the race”
13. Husband sticks lint rollers in places his wife can’t reach them to drive her crazy; it’s working.
14. “My wife ordered this on Amazon for our baby announcement but it didn’t fit her so I decided to put it to use”
15. “My wife took the toddler and left me with the baby yesterday morning. She’s a worrywart and I love Photoshop. Lesson learned: Don’t reply with just a photoshopped picture when she asks how things are going with the baby”
16. Boyfriend changed this sign around, it took his girlfriend two weeks to notice
17. When you drag your husband to Hobby Lobby with you…
18. He left his wifey in the car while shopping at the hardware store on a hot day
19. She let her husband decorate one room…
20. “My friend played a prank on his girlfriend. She has a night vision motion-activated camera setup in a quest to treat a sick coyote. She checks the footage every morning religiously. He rented a Sasquatch outfit and walked around the camera at 4 am.”