As early as elementary school we realize that Italy looks like a boot – hence how so many of us can quickly pinpoint it on a map. Turns out, many other European countries look like animals, superheroes and cartoon characters.
German YouTube user Zackabier dug deeper into the madness – asking his followers what they thought different European countries look like. Some of the answers are downright incredible, and quite helpful when it comes to memorizing the different countries and what they look like.
Since posing this question to his followers, the YouTuber has re-created 48 European countries. While some may seem like shapeless blobs, with a little creativity it becomes clear that they are so much more.
Check out his drawings below – some are more complex while others are rather simplistic, but none of them disappoint.
1. Croatia is a dragon in flight
2. Foxy Estonia
3. Finland has fins
4. Bulgaria is purrrtastic
5. Cyprus is a happy mouse
6. Russia is pooing out a small island
7. Serbia looks like a roaming dinosaur
Anyone else see Reptar from Rugrats?
8. Nothing like a pair of Italian leather boots!
9. France is a hoot!
10. Great Britain
11. Denmark has a lot going on!
12. Romania takes on Dory
13. Slovenia looks just like a rooster mid caw-caw
15. Georgia the platypus
16. Montenegro is a badass stegosaurus
17. Greece resembles a wizard… or perhaps a worn-down Santa Claus?
Maybe Greece is where Santa resides in the summer – it’s much warmer than the North Pole!
Many would argue it’s actually a guitar!