Kids say the darndest things, am I right? Parents and teachers can especially attest to this fact – one teacher in particular decided to document all of the funny and weird things her students said because it was just too good not to.
Little humans are so frank and uncensored, plus they often have a unique perspective on the world that us adults have lost over the years.
Grownups have been so shaped and altered by the world around us, we often forget to think as freely as kids do. Sometimes it takes a little kid to open our eyes to something we’ve never even thought of.
New York City kindergarten school teacher Alyssa Cowit is on a mission to spread smiles and curiosity by sharing the strangest and most hilarious questions and comments her students have said to her.
She had so many funny sayings stockpiled up that she decided to start an Instagram account called Live From Snack Time, which provides nonstop entertainment straight from the mouths of her kindergarteners.
If you are constantly seeing repeating numbers like 11:11 on your clock recently, Check out this link to learn their hidden meaning: http://bit.ly/MeaningInNumbers
Check out some of our favorites below…
1. “My brother wants to be a marine biologist when he grows up so I want to be a dolphin then we’ll be together forever.”
Started in 2015, the Instagram has been a huge hit, growing to over 219,000 followers at the time of writing this.
2. “My name is Liz. Short for Lizard. NOT Elizabeth.”
Liz is short for Lizard, but of course!
“Alyssa believes children are honest and curious, and while often perplexed, they’re brilliant – and that it’s a teacher’s job to take what children say seriously,” her website reads.
3. “Why can’t it be Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday?”
I agree – we need more weekends!
“Alyssa wants to help adults understand that children are not always acting outrageous to seek attention, but instead thinking out loud, soaking up new information, and solving problems 24/7!”
4. “I know what the rainbow flags mean. Anyone can love whoever they want to love.”
To help grow the Instagram account, Alyssa partnered with her friend Greg Dunbar, who – no big deal – now works in digital marketing for Walt Disney Studios.
5. “You can make a wish, but then you have to do the wish. It doesn’t just happen.”
The pair started the Instagram back in 2015. Since then, they’ve also published a book called I Did My Homework In My Head (And Other Wacky Things Kids Say).
The book includes 200 quotes straight from the elementary school classroom.
6. “I appreciate my teachers for teaching me words that help me argue with my parents.”
One of the many reasons we can all appreciate our teachers!
7. “I am ok. I have more happy than I do sad.”
It’s all good as long as you always have more happy than you have sad.
8. “I thought I needed a hug but I really need pancakes.”
9. “I wanted to be a teacher when I grow up but my first name isn’t Mrs.”
10. “Anyone could be a family, you just have to love each other and feed each other.”
Love and food, that’s all you really need <3
11. “She said it was a piece of cake. But there was no cake at all. She lied about the cake. That is NOT something to be proud of.”
She wants her cake and she wants to eat it too
12. “Eat dessert first. You never know when the world’s gonna end.”
13. “My favorite color is ice cream.”